01/07/2014

Guest Designer for Scrapology

I was thrilled to be asked by the lovely Linda to be a guest designer on the Scrapology blog this month.
There are some extremely talented ladies over there and it was lovely to be asked to take part.
The theme this month is 'P' for Punchouts and they chose the layout below by Stacey Cohen to take inspiration from

What a gorgeous layout. It has everything on it I love - the colours and butterflies are two of my favourite things ...

We could use whatever we fancied so I used some Kaisercraft Heirloom papers and set to with some glittery texture paste which I stencilled through a star stencil.
I then used an EK Success butterfly border  punch which served a double purpose as I could use the punchouts after the border had been punched  separately to place above the design randomly.
I added a couple of little flowers and some vintage embellishments and inked around the edges .
So there we have my take on the layout - these are a special couple of photos of a special aunt of mine who recently celebrated her 80th birthday. She had a surprise afternoon tea party which was lovely for her and it was great to get together with the girls of the family too.

6 comments:

Jan said...

Love them Denise xx Jan

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

LOVE your take on the layout with all those lovely punched shapes scattered. Sweet photos too! xo

Anonymous said...

It's lovely Denise. The colours are gorgeous - one of my faves at the moment, and it's a lovely memory to share xx

Susanne said...

Very uplifting design - I like your take on it.

Maria Ontiveros said...

Congratulations! And what a fantastic "take" on the sketch.
Rinda

Katherine said...

Beautiful Denise, love your page especially the stars.