01/04/2013

Prima Dolly Tag and Bunty Magazine Memories

I bought one of the new Prima dolly stamps a couple of weeks ago and some tags to go with her. I enjoyed playing - I always like tags as they don't take too long to make. Some of you who MAY be as ancient as me - might remember having a magazine called Bunty where there was always a girl cut out on the back page where you could cut the clothes out and dress her .. remember her?
                                                Images from Google
                                 and then there was Mandy - remember her?

Mind you - that was when I was young - ah the memories. Thursdays was always my best day - I had Mandy magazine and a Dairy Crunch, Blue Peter was on and then it was Top of the Pops night too !
Anyway - here's the tag I made - I do think they could make some faces for them - what do you think ?
Happy Easter everyone.



11 comments:

debs14 said...

Oh yes, I remember those magazines! Lovely tag.

scrappyjacky said...

Gorgeous tag....I remember Bunty....I had it each week for years. And I always loved paper dolls.....I wish I'd kept them!!

Becky said...

Lovely tag and I had Bunty and Mandy too!

Anonymous said...

I had Bunty too and then progressed to 17! Love your tag and am now going to have to investigate those stamps - can't believe I just wrote that as I must have so many stamps for someone who is stamp-phobic and just likes to look at them and not use them!

Alison said...

I LOVED the paper dolls in The Bunty!!...and I got the Mandy too...thanks for the memories!...fab tag!
Alison xx

Maria Ontiveros said...

Love the tag!
Rinda

Sian said...

Denise, I was going to say you have no idea how much I love this: but obviously you do!! I am such a Bunty paper doll fan this has put a big smile on my face. I used to love Thursdays too - except for one thing. I had Guides, which meant missing TOTP. That was a problem..

I hope you had a nice Easter. I've been away from blog reading for a few day's break - this has made me realise how much I have missed it

Sandra said...

Paper dolls were always such fun, weren't they :) I've been very tempted by these stamps, and I love your tag

alexa said...

Now that's a real blast from the past! I do indeed remember Bunty (and Judy). Sigh! Lovely to see them again - thank-you. Your tag is very stylish ...

Sandie said...

Big smile from me too... happy memories of these magazines.
I bought a sheet of wrapping paper with cut out dolls on it the other day!

JulieJ said...

I remember those girls magazines. DD loves cut out dolls and she's made similar comments about the lack of faces on the Gorjuss girls.