05/05/2012

Good post

I really liked the postman yesterday - I always like him,but he bought something rather nice- all the way from across the pond.My first ever 'pass the book' book- and it looks like a cracker.

Thank you Deb,it arrived here safe and sound.I shall enjoy trying out some examples in here and have already picked a couple out - watch this space
This week has flown by,back to the dismal rain rain and more rain. Going over to Dad's house this evening I was shocked to see the field that only two weeks ago had sheep and lambs in was now like a lake - and the field the other side was also sporting ducks! weird, in all my years - I've never seen that-AND there is still a hosepipe ban here.
Last night -i sat there in my craft room surrounded by bits and pieces of paper and stuff - all that had been used on other layouts- couldn't decide what to use- there were bits of one and bits of another. Eventually I got them all together on a page. I was in a bit of a fiddle and faff mood where I took about three hours to do something that would normally take about half an hour - anyone else ever get those moods? Sometimes you just steam in - know exactly what you want to do and sometimes totally the opposite? Anyway I made a page with one old photo and one relatively new one,both photos of middle son that i like.
Right- time for bed now - nice long weekend ahead too.Enjoy your weekend whatever you are up to.

9 comments:

Alison said...

I'll be watching for you passing this one on...and I know exactly what you mean about how long it takes some LOs to come together..it worked well in the end for you though!
Alison xx

Scrappi Sandi said...

Most of my LO's are like that....all fiddle & faff!! It takes me ages to commit anything to glue!! I love this LO of your middle son...great photo's & it's all so cohesive, you'd never know you'd used up bits of 'this & that'!! :D

Sian said...

I'm so glad a Pass The Book has reached you Denise - you enjoy! (..and whenever you've finished, would you send it back my way then? Hard to believe, but it's been travelling for a year now. Keep it as long as you like though, get the good of it!)

Anonymous said...

Lovely spending the day with you today and I can't wait to see what loveliness you create with that book.

Sandie said...

That's a great page of your middle son,Denise. Enjoy the Pass the Book.

Sue said...

Yes, it was lovely to meet you too Denise. I had a great day. Have enjoyed taking a look at your blog. It's funny how you've also mentioned something similiar to me - I can stare at paper for ages sometimes! Great blog & love you scrapbook layouts. Didn't know about the Stoke by Nayland weekend - only down the road from me! Thanks for keeping me company today. Sx

Annie said...

Hi Denise thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such kind comments. I love your scrapbook pages. I hate to admit it but I gathered tickets, leaflets photos for years, enabling me to make a scrapbook for my son's 21st birthday.........needless to say he is now 26 and I have not even started. I think most of us are like that !!!! or is it just a few of us. I am sure that I will get it done !!! Anyway thanks for sharing and I am now your newest follower. Take care. Annie :)

JulieJ said...

I usually fall into the the three hours and rarely the 30 minute category. the only time I seem to be a speedy scrapper is when i go to a crop.

Sandra said...

I don't think iveever one a layout in 30 minutes ... Some have even taken me days, like the one on my craft desk at the moment. Still, this one was well worth it