30/09/2011

The second layout

This is the second of Michelle's layouts from the weekend. We used a paint splatter technique on the paper to start us off - made a bit of a mess on the pavement outside!
I must admit I wasn't loving the threading of the beads for the wirey bit at the bottom of the layout but eventually liked the end result, although it was very nearly abandoned a couple of times- I couldn't get the knack of keeping the shape and  threading the beads... there was a lot of ' leg  jiggling ' going on !I definitley think if ever the chance arises - jewellery making is not for moi !
It's going to be another crafty day tomorrow as I am off  to a new one for me- with Ifa Zainon - I shall be meeting the lovely Deb there too- so we should have a fun day.
Now- it's Friday-its the return of Strictly Come Dancing tonight - can't wait won't wait!

8 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Love the effect of the beads.

Anonymous said...

The beading was well worth the effort - another stunner.

Lou said...

beautiful layout, love the effect of the paint splatter and the photos are great too xx

Sandra said...

As I'm typing this, strictly has just started .... Oh I'm one happy girl :) such a great layout, I really like the pain splatter

Alison said...

Totally forgot about 'Strictly':(
Love the LO..and the beads are a lovely addition!
Alison xx

debs14 said...

I love those beads and will be expecting an instruction on how to do them later today! I love the comment about leg jiggling, to those who don't know Denise personally I would like to explain that when she isn't happy with something on a layout and trying to get it sorted so it looks perfect, she starts jiggling her legs as she concentrates hard on her dilemma. When I sit next to her at a crop I can always tell when she isn't happy with something as her legs start jiggling!

Sian said...

I'm laughing at Deb's leg jiggling explanation!

I would love to go to Ifa's crop. Say hello to her from me :)

Oh, and I love the paint splattery effect too

humel said...

It's lovely :) And I'm jealous of you getting to work with Ifa Zainon! Can't wait to see the results! xx