03/09/2011

LSNED day two - help please

I've been making my book cover today and I've certainly learned that I really really do like messing about with inks and paint and stuff and should do more of it ........The album  started life like this
An American Crafts 8x8 album.
I've painted it and alcohol inked it and covered it with some Tim Holtz Craft Resist cardstock- then inked over the Craft Resist ........so far it looks like this...
 I could do with a bit of help - I can't make my mind up whether to leave it like this or add this abc tape - I will probably ink over the tape to make it not so white - opinions please........
                                            
  I keep putting it on and taking it off and still can't decide.
  I think I might add some hinges on the spine too.....






.

11 comments:

Alison said...

I LOVE it without the tape...fabulous job..am not sure the tape adds anything to it!
Alison xx

Jenny Marples said...

I agree with Alison. I love it without the tape. However, you could try other things like black lace or some sort of textured ribbon. If you leave it and revisit it later you will probably get a flash of inspiration.
Good luck
Buttons x

alexa said...

I am liking it without the tape too! You've done a great job so far - transformed it completely!

Lizzie said...

Considering it started life as a candy-pink album, it's quite a transformation!
I also am not sure about the tape. Perhaps if it were brown, it would "go", but it looks quite harsh there, being black; even if you inked over it, distressed it a bit etc, I'm not sure it would fit.
I really rather like it as it is - but, as "Buttons" says, you could try some lace or similar. Why not sleep on it?
Love the textured look of that cover and the butterflies are so lovely.

debs14 said...

I prefer it without the tape too. Even if you inked over the white lettering, I'm not convinced that it goes with the grungy butterfly theme. I like the idea of Button's to use black lace or textured ribbon, but it still looks good without anything extra. At least you have a whole month to decide ....

scrappyjacky said...

I love it....and don't think it needs the tape....a great transformation.

Anonymous said...

I'm with the girls above - even though I am a more is good girl I like it without the tape.

Lou said...

without the tape vote too....looks brilliant just as it is you've done a super job!

Maria Ontiveros said...

I actually like it WITH the tape because I think it makes your title "pop." The title blends in a bit more without the tape. Either way, it's gorgeous!
Rinda

Sian said...

I think it looks fantastic!

Did you get the Pinterest invite okay?

Gez Butterworth said...

STUNNING ♥♥