21/04/2011

Back from ' ooh arrr' country

Just to say that I'm back from a lovely break with my Dad down in Somerset.Cutting a long story short, I traced my family tree a while back and we found that all our ancestors from my Dad's side came from Somerset.They were all from an area where my Mum and Dad used to go to regularly a few years back. When I traced the ancestors - it was a real wish of my Dad's to go back and try to find details/graves of any of them from some of the churches down there. It was quite an emotional trip for both of us without mum but we've had a really lovely time..Unfortunately we were in a small village in a tiny but lovely B&B but there was no Wifi  access so although my scheduled post worked on Sunday I haven't been able to comment and catch up on the blog hop....and Dads of 83 don't quite get the neccessity of the internet!!
Anyway- am back now and I shall be catching up with you all very soon !
We saw lots of these ......



just been born....
and quite a lot of these ...!

be back soon to catch up with you all xx

10 comments:

Melissa said...

Lovely photos - sounds like a nice trip. I think it's always interesting to trace our ancestry. So glad you were able to enjoy that with your dad.

debs14 said...

Looking forward to hearing all about it, I'm sure there are plenty of photos to share!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back and those lambs are just gorgeous.

Jen said...

Love the photos - and welcome back too! Tracing your roots links in with scrapbooking so well don't you think?

Cheri said...

The lambs are adorable!

Lisa Echerd said...

What sweet photos! We were in England during lambing season many years ago and it was so beautiful. You get spring a bit ahead of us. Glad you had special time with your Dad.

furrypig said...

thanks so much for visiing my blog and leaving a comment. Looks like you had a great trip I would love to see the newly born lambs xxx

Sian said...

Sounds like a lovely break even if there was no wifi..actually a break with no internet for a couple of days is probably a very good break indeed!

Margie S (Nihao, Cupcake! xnomads.typepad.com) said...

Sounds like a wonderful get-a-way and baby lambs to boot! (xnomads: http://xnomads.typeapad.com/blog)

Ginger said...

Those lambs ARE very adorable!