05/03/2011

Today I ....

taught my first ever class!... at the monthly Eclectic Keepsakes crop.It was a bit of a special day because it was the first anniversary of the crop starting. That year has gone so quickly.
 I was chuffed to be asked by the two Karens and I have to admit to being a tad nervous - but I needn't have been 'cos Deb brought along some moral support


It was agreed that he would be held up high if I gabbled too quickly, held low if I was too slow and .....thankfully he stayed put!
We had a nice morning doing our own thing and all too soon it was time for class....I used papers and a die cut sheet from  My Mind's Eye Lost and Found range  - and a Fancy Pants journalling sheet,and stamped a title

It was lovely to see some of the takes on the layout ...

 and a great  atmosphere as always...good to be surrounded by friends

....


and always nice to introduce a new friend from work.to the world of scrapbooking.

 and the two Karens had a yummy cake to celebrate their first year.
Thanks ladies, long may it continue :-0)

11 comments:

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Oh! Looks like you girls had a great time again. I love to see photos of your crops.

And, seriously, Denise?!?! I want to party with you and Deb and Karen! xo

debs14 said...

Was a fantastic day and your layout was brilliant. You make a very good teacher, and if you don't believe me, just ask Tom, he'll agree!!!
I have a feeling the Karen's are going to be asking you back to do more.....

Sian said...

Good for you Denise!! Though, seriously, how could you go wrong with Tom by your side? I would love to have been there..

Hilary J said...

Well done - looks a lovely project.

scrappyjacky said...

Well done,Denise....and the project looks fab.

humel said...

Good for you! Congratulations on that achievement - the layout looks gorgeous :-)

Coley said...

Thanks for teaching Denise, your project was beautiful and how many people can boast of having Tom Sellock at their crop?! xxx

Anonymous said...

Well, what can I say - awesome teacher, awesome class and an awesome day. I cannot believe that it has been a whole year and every time I come home I think that it can can't get better but it just does.

Thanks for the lovely class and looking forward to next month already xxx

Amy said...

Densie the crop always sounds like a lot of fun, congratulations on your class - it looks as though it all went really well! :-)

Scrappi Sandi said...

Well Done You! What a fab class LO & how great to see all the interpretations of it! I love your plot to use Tom Sellack as sign language!! It looks like great day was had by all!

Sandie said...

Thanks Denise - loved the layout even if I did get the photo details wrong. It made me think outside the box and I love my interpretation. I've not blogged it yet but have plans to.
Loved the Tim Holtz album too - lucky, lucky you!!