20/02/2011

Good time with good friends

Well,what  a great week it's been.Not only a class with the very wonderful Mr Holtz, some good time with himself and some good food in Harrogate,last night was spent in the company of good friends at one of our favourite restaurants.....I've often spoken about this Indian and have 'checked in' a few times on facebook when we've been there- so Deb wanted to see why we go there so much and it was a good excuse to get together and catch up..
When we arrived at the restauraunt last night, me clutching my book that was made in class, Deb very kindly presented me with a lovely Pina Colada and some corn bread she had made from the ingredients Deb turtle had sent her all the way from the USA ..
I shall look forward to sampling this later on today ....
Isn't blogland a wonderful place? I know many knock it and many are very suspicious of posting about life for the world to see,but I've only ever had really good vibes and comments from people. I know there can be some who are silly and spoil it,luckily I've not experienced it-and I've made some wonderful friends via here. I love writing my 'weblog/diary' whatever you like to call it.
Anyway,I digress- we had a fab evening and I think I might have wittered on a bit much about the class and how nice Tim was and how great the book was etc etc etc....but it was lovely to see Deb and her other half and catch up again..
We didn't arrange the seating very well at first as Deb and I were opposite each other rather than beside - which made it a bit difficult to get photos together..

So we did photos as we sat with each other's other half....then moved seats to get one together !
As ususal - the waiters managed to set the fire alarms off with the flaming at the table......
Right then, I'm off now to have a play with my new goodies....have a good Sunday everyone.

11 comments:

Sian said...

It's always so good to see the two of you enjoying each others company!

I completely agree about blogland - I thank my lucky stars every time I post that I decided to sign up for that class and take the plunge. The world is full of lovely people!

debs14 said...

P will be very impressed to know he is featured on a blog post!
That Tim Holtz book is amazing - a real work of art and deserves a full blog post all of it's own. P said to me on the drive home ' I suppose you will be wanting to go to Harrogate next year' - well yes, actually, I will!

scrappyjacky said...

What a lovely post,Denise....it sounds like you all had a wonderful evening....and I completely agree with you about blogging.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

I'm so glad you girls had a fun time together and that Deb shared some of her cornbread. :o)

I couldn't agree more about your sentiments on blogging. My blog friends mean the world to me!!! And you're one of them, Denise. xo

Anonymous said...

I whole heartedly agree with you Denise - I have made so many friends through blogland and the fact that you and Deb have transferred that friendship into real live is brilliant. I too love blogging and sometimes it is good to look back and remind myself of the good things that our little family have done which would have been long forgotten otherwise. Please bring your Tim book along to the next crop and I will ask Sue to bring her project that she makes at her Tim class. xxx {Sorry this comment is almost as long as a blog post in itself :)}

Susanne said...

Looks like you had a great time with friends. Yes, blogging is a blessing; it makes that ocean between the US and the UK seem very narrow indeed.

Maria Ontiveros said...

Blogland is indeed wonderful place! I love following the bread crumbs of American cornbread from Deb to Deb to you!
Rinda

Scrappi Sandi said...

that sounds like a fab evening...I love a good Indian!!

I'm with you on the Blogging front...only good positive things this way too!

I am still envious of your day with Lord Tim!! maybe we could organise a coach party for Harrogate next year!!! ;)

Scrappi Sandi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Scrappi Sandi said...

Sorry about that Denise! I duplicated my post somehow!!

humel said...

Yes, I can echo all you say about blogland! It's a wonderful place! So glad you had a great time with Deb - did you mention the Tim Holtz class just once or twice?! ;-)