11/10/2010

Autumn has arrived

Not that much to report today really apart from the fact that as I was walking to work this morning the leaves bustling about under my feet and the 'helicopters' from the Sycamore trees blowing around are a sure sign it's edging towards Christmas and that Autumn is well and truly here. It struck me though how contrasting it can be as I walked along, the leaves were flying about and as I turned the corner the church looked lovely in the cold sun,the sky was really blue too..
and onto hooky things...
Years ago I used to make a double sided pram blanket and anyone who was going to have a baby used to have one from me as it was a pattern I loved to work from. Well I decided to make one for my friends daughter who is having a baby. Could I find my pattern- no way - I think it could even be at my mum and
dad's somewhere.
So I trawled the net after googling 'Double sided pram blanket -crochet' and to my amazement I found one !
I had a little practice last night and this is what I came up with. I shall be doing the real one in white one side and pink the other or white one side and blue the other depending on what the baby is going  to be ..

4 comments:

humel said...

Gosh, impressive! I bet many mothers have been very grateful to you over the years then :-)

debs14 said...

It's going to be lovely! But how on earth do you find the time to do all these crafty things? And work full time? And look after those boys of yours?! I can't imagine how you manage to fit it all in! I feel very lazy in comparison!

Sian said...

Oh, it's going to be lovely Denise!

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos Denise - love the little crochet sample too.