12/07/2010

Panic ! - Depth of field ??

My tummy did a skip this morning when I opened Shimelle's latest prompt and saw that the assignment for today would be to create a photo with the blurred look in the background and the main image clear in the foreground. - Depth of field...
Nope, I won't be able to do that, my camera's not posh enough- it's not a DSLR or anything like that. Anyway, true to form Shimelle in her own inimitable way talked me through the process in her prompt' If you only have a point and shoot' camera,it can be done .Well, she did say to take a few shots and you will get the combination that works,and I actually am totally pleased to say that I did !

So now I've just  been chasing the dog round the garden and photographing everything in sight to try and get some more 'depth of field 'images.....

8 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

And it's worked perfectly!

debs14 said...

Excellent! You can always rely on Shimelle to give you helpful advice!

Hilary J said...

Lovely photo

Lizzie said...

Haven't tried yet, but you have shown that it can be done! Where is my camera?
Lovely photo, Denise!

knitalatte said...

Great example. Isn't it fun when you get the results you hoped for?

Sian said...

Oh, wow! Look what you did! This is one of my favourite photography looks and I really want to be able to get it right like you have here. I'm going to keep practising

humel said...

Hooray! It's a lovely photo :-)

Scrappi Sandi said...

Yay! Fabulous depth of field pic! That just begs to be scrapped! I'm still working on 'The power of three' & hoping the rain stops tomorrow for some 'sky' shots!