09/06/2010

A Bag- and a dog in a tutu ....

Well, I reckon it looks more  like a bag now it's finished....I've really enjoyed making this hooky creation a la Lucy's pattern on her blog.

I've not been doing any papery crafty stuff this week but have managed to fit in some 'me' crochety time in between cooking dinner and running the youngest either to the pub to work in the kitchen or to the pub to pick his lift up for football.I've got a couple of work in progresses now I've finished the bag.One is a Ripple blanket and the other is a cushion cover  I'm trying out in two colours I bought for the bag but loved the combination of them together-Red and Ice Blue.I can never seem to just have ONE  hooky project on the go, I always like to have two so I can flit between the two and not get bored ....


Now tonight the middle son has totally taken over the dining room and table with all his gear as he is off to the 'Isle of Wight' festival- sooner him than me is all I can say...lol Am I showing my age or what! There doesn't appear to be any dodgy hats being stowed away for the Festival but the dog ended up in a pink Tutu this evening - good ness knows where that came from.....

9 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

It looks great...I've always wanted to crochet....but never got the hang of it...a friend is buying me 2 lessons at a local shop for my birthday....so p'raps I'll finally manage it!

debs14 said...

Love the bag! The little flowers just finish it off nicely.
My favourite though is the ripple blanket!
Let's hope the tutu didn't belong to any of the sons ... although one of them did have that pretty pink stetson ;-)

knitalatte said...

Your crochet bag turned out really cute. And now, you have 2 crochet project in the works? Oh my, that is awesome.
The colors of your ripple blanket look great together.

♥ Liz ♥ said...

Your bag is brilliant. I love the colours. I still have the handles to do on mine but never seem to get around to doing them.
I love the ripple blanket too. Do you have an easy pattern I can have a look at?

Pink Tutu? The mind boggles!! Hope the dog has recovered :0)

Lizzie said...

Poor old dog! That tutu is hilarious... mind you, she doesn't look too upset in the photos!

Great bag. I may have a go at this and give it to my niece for her birthday (that would give me almost a year to finish it - even I could do that...).
I am part-way through a rippled baby-blanket. I started it two years ago... Oh dear!

Sian said...

Love that title..it really drew me in! And a great photo at the end.

I've been knitting and lots of people have said but that's for the winter..I reckon knitting and crochet are all year rounders. And two projects on the go is twice as much fun as one.

humel said...

Love your projects! :-) And such a cute ballerina dog lol xx

SANDRA said...

Oh I love the bag, love the flowers. Loving the ballerina doggy. Love Sandra x

Debbie Dolphin said...

oh wow love the bag x
its just fab xx
love debbie xxx