16/03/2010

Paper scraps and ribbons

The last two prompts from Shimelle in her new online class were to use up scraps of paper on one and ribbons on the other.

Well, like many other scrappers out there I have loads of scraps of offcuts that you just can't throw away- just in case ! and also loads and loads of ribbons.When I moved into my new craft room last year,I did actually manage to sort all my ribbons into colour themed plastic baskets so I had no trouble finding some ribbon to use on a page either.
I'm also doing an online class with 'Big Picture Scrapbooking ' called 'Life Tunes'. Its a subject close to my heart - music in my life.This is something I've wanted to do for ages so I figured I'd give it a go.I've just managed to do the cover tonight so it's drying off at the moment.- Going off now to do a bit more on the old crocheted blanket !

4 comments:

debs14 said...

Great pages! How did you do that clever thing with the butterfly punch where it's cut out and raised up a bit but not completely? Love the size of page you are doing too, makes a change from my boring square!

scrappyjacky said...

2 great pages....I agree with Debs about the size...nice to see something different.

Sian said...

Beautiful! I especially like the second one Family Ties. I'm doing 6x12 too and I'm just loving it. It comes together really quickly doesn't it?

Scrappi Sandi said...

Two awesome LO's..will have to check out that 'Life' Tunes project! Can't wait to see the completed crocheted blanket!